JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: $37,100 - $60, 434 (DOE) in 2020.
BENEFITS: Includes family medical and dental, disability, liberal leave benefits and employer contribution to
401K at 10% of salary after six month probationary period.
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours/week (additional hours may be required to ensure proper completion of cases/paid as
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: This position is represented by a union bargaining unit. Experience preferred.
To apply: Please send cover letter of interest and resume to:
Keith Rogers, Executive Director
Multnomah Defenders, Inc.
The essential duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following elements:
1. Locating and interviewing witnesses, victims and clients;
2. Preparation of detailed written reports;
3. Viewing and photographing evidence and crime scenes;
4. Preparation of diagrams, maps and trial exhibits;
5. Testify in court;
6. Developing leads and sources of information, primarily within the Tri-County area and required subpoena service;
7. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to identify legal issues and conduct comprehensive investigations utilizing proper investigative channels and
2. Strong communication skills, including the ability to testify in court and deal effectively with a wide variety of people;
3. Strong writing ability, including the skills to record interview material accurately;
4. Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively within a legal services team;
5. Ability to relate empathetically to clients and their special needs;
6. An attitude of excellence in work preparation and style; and
7. Ability to use a computer for data entry, retrieval and research.
1. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings, weekends, and/or holidays, as required in order to
complete work assignments.
2. All investigators are required to have a vehicle for use in their daily work. Also required are a current valid driver's license,
current vehicle insurance, and the ability to obtain business-use insurance on your vehicle.
3. MDI provides reimbursement for work-related mileage, business portion of auto insurance reimbursement and AAA
4. MDI provides cameras for use in investigation work.
EMPLOYMENT POLICY OF MDI:
MDI is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age or disability status. We are committed to having an applicant pool for this position that reflects the diversity of our community.